The name of the terrace room already makes it clear: it has a private terrace. And a very nice view ... (have a look at the pictures, but please know that we never managed to capture fully the beauty of the view... you'll have to come and take a look! )
The room has twin beds plus two futons. A futon is a japanese bed that you can either use as a chair or as e bed. The room is wheelchair friendly.
The room is half into the ground; this means that it keeps fresh in summer time. Nice to know with these heat weaves that happens more and more!
Of course the room has its own private bathroom, with a walk-in shower.
1. the view: over the Limagne and the volcanoes of the Auvergne and the Puy-de-Dôme a bit further away.
2. the private terrace with chairs and declining chairs. Image, after a day of discovering the region or a long hike, you sit down on the terrace, watching the sunset et listening to the silence. Total happiness!
3. the room is accessible to wheelchairs. Even with the two futons used as beds, there will be enough space to move around. The same for the bathroom, where the heights are adapted.
4. it's a very big room (+/- 30m²) and if one uses the futons as chairs, one has a bedroom corner and a sitting corner. If using the futons as beds, you will have a confortable family room for four persons.
5. the room is build partly in an ecofriendly way: it has been renovated partly with natural materials. It has been our first experience with hemp, the wall are insulated with a mixture of hemp and lime. Old beams found in the ruins and basalt stones are used to make the wardrobe. The matrasses, the downs and the pillows are made of sheepwhool, by Ardelaine.
Prices for 2019
The room for two persons: 75 €
Extra bed: 13 €
Breakfast : 7,50 €
Price dinner for those lodging at Les Liards:
20 € (13 € children menu)
26 € (18 € for children under 11 years old)
Tourist Taxe :
0,70 € per adult/day
Prices for one single night in July or August:
The room for 2 persons: 83 €
Extra Bed: 15 €
If you stay more than one night, you'll pay the normal price.
Auberge Les Liards
63490 Egliseneuve des Liards
+33 (0) 608 424 660